Digital Pulp is seeking a passionate and talented Freelance Drupal 8 Front-end Developer with superpowers to create exemplary interactive brand experiences for our clients. We are seeking someone that has had a significant front-end development role with Drupal.
You can assess and solve complex visual or functional issues with Drupal as they arise, and work within the Drupal guidelines to come up with better solutions when necessary. You have battled with preprocess functions and won, and can bring to life our meticulously designed visual layouts and elegant user interactions within the world of Drupal.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to be part of an experienced development team at one of New York's most well respected digital agencies.
Here’s what we love about you
- 3+ years of Drupal Front-end Development
- Strong experience with cross browser/device responsive development
- Deep understanding of Drupal 8 and custom theme development
- Deep understanding of Drupal 8 theme layer and preprocessing
- Basic understanding of Drupal 8 module development
- Proficiency with TWIG template language
- Basic understanding of PHP
- Experience with Grunt, Gulp, Neat and Bourbon
- Basic understanding of Vagrant VM development
- Proficiency with Linux environments
- Proficiency working with Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch to save images for web
- Experience with performance optimization tools
- Understanding of SEO best practices as needed in a Drupal theme
- Basic understanding of common accessibility requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to fly, literally (preferred)
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and clients
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities
Send a cover letter, resume and sample URLs of your best work to [email protected] with the subject line "Freelance D8 Front-end: Your Name." IMPORTANT: Do NOT send samples of work that you've only modified from someone else's code base - we want to see from-scratch code planning and development.