Digital Pulp is looking for a passionate and talented PHP Developer with WordPress superpowers to create exemplary interactive brand experiences for our clients. We are seeking someone that has had a significant development role on a large scale WordPress project from conception to implementation.
You can assess and solve complex visual or functional issues with WordPress as they arise, and work within the WordPress guidelines to come up with better solutions when necessary. You have battled with the WP REST API and Advanced Custom Fields plugin and won, and can bring to life our meticulously designed visual layouts and elegant user interactions within the world of WordPress.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to be part of an experienced in-house dev team at one of New York's most well respected digital agencies. This position can be here in our office or remote. It can also be remote full-time, or part-time remote and part-time in the office. Or it could be 1/12th time in the office and 11/12th time remote like Troy. Or you could make up your own distribution of time spent working from the office vs home. Or maybe your home is an office and in that case 100% from your office should be fine, too.
Here’s what we love about you
- Advanced PHP skills and a deep understanding of WordPress’ APIs (Settings, REST, various plugin APIs) and advanced caching strategies
- Experience using Timber with WordPress along with expert proficiency in Twig
- Experience leading development implementation in a team or project basis
- Confident and comfortable to define and present decisions that are scalable and reusable
- Ability to lead development putting together and championing organization wide best practices
- Capable of making a determination when to build something in-house and when to leverage on industry standard plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, SearchWP and FacetWP
- Loves modular and reusable components enough that you have strong opinions on and embraced one or more methodologies like OOCSS, SMACSS and BEM
- Experience using Twig, Blade, HAML and/or other templating languages
- Expert proficiency in the intricacies of front end development (IE10+, FF, Chrome, Safari macOS, Safari iOS, Android stock and Android Chrome, Mac and PC)
- Experience and comfort using a Git pull request model
- Expert proficiency in Grunt, Bower, Gulp and other build tools
- Experience using third-party development libraries including Bootstrap, Foundation, Bourbon, Neat and Bitters for prototyping and developing
- The ability to develop, test and debug across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Experience and deep understanding of WCAG 2.0 AA Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and testing for WCAG 2.0 AA compliance
- Comfort using the terminal to get things done
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and clients
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities
Send a cover letter, resume and sample URLs of your best work to [email protected] with the subject line "WordPress PHP Developer: Your Name." IMPORTANT: Do NOT send samples of work that you've only modified from someone else's code base - we want to see from-scratch code planning and development.